Sunday, July 3, 2016

je ne sais quoi

OK, EUROPE! Get out your tin foil hats...
European Union laws require you to give European Union visitors information about cookies used on your blog. In many cases, these laws also require you to obtain consent. 

let me just say this. I LIKE cookies. I'm probably eating one right now. If you ask, I'll be glad to share with you, or at the very least, give you a recipe for some great cookies. ALL i ask is that you, in turn, leave a cookie or two if you can spare it (just scotch tape it to the top right hand side of your screen, and when you leave, hopefully I'll get the cookie. Of course, if you go away and the cookies are still on YOUR screen... well, I knew the rules. --if you snooze, you lose-- and I was snoozing. Course, easier would be leave a cookie recipe, too. Wouldn't have to wash the screen from the scotch tape and cookie crumbs)

As a courtesy, we have added a notice on your blog to explain Google's use of certain Blogger and Google cookies, including use of Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. 

I truly have no idea what they are yammering on about, but, there's two ways you can go with this...
#1 At the end of the day, you clear all cookies. It's a pretty good idea because it also closes all of the applications you had going. You push a button or two, and it's like a quickie vacuum job.
#2 You can hide under the tables and chairs and hope the drones don't come. 
Just to give you an idea of how out of the loop I am, the next three words in the following paragraph are wrong.

You are responsible for confirming this notice actually works for your blog, and that it displays. If you employ other cookies, for example by adding third party features, this notice may not work for you. Learn more about this notice and your responsibilities.

Je ne sais quoi... and while I have no idea what,
      it does sound better in French, does it not?
I'm 65 this year. My responsibility is to stay alive.

No comments: